6 Things I learned from Birth
I wasn’t one of those Mama’s that always wanted to be a Mother. Up until my 30’s I was well aware that I was too selfish to even contemplate it.. so consequently I spent little time considering what kind of birth would be my ‘ideal’ one. However from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I just knew that having my baby at home, was the best option for me. I don’t know why, it just felt ‘right’. I wanted to be totally present to my experience, and I wanted to activate myself, I wanted to keep my power as a mother giving birth, and know at a cellular level what the creation of life feels like.
I was blessed to have an amazing midwife, and my pregnant journey was a divine unfolding that taught me things that will remain with me for the rest of my life. I birthed my baby at home in water in a few short hours.
Here’s some of the beautiful nuggets of wisdom I received in my process:
- Trust your body – She know what she is doing. She was made for this process, there is no reason to doubt her and her innate wisdom. I always returned to this truth in moments of anxiety.
- Get in touch with your goddess – You have an inner goddess and if she hasn’t been activated, pregnancy/ birthing is a good time to get in touch. – She wants to guide you and share her wisdom. For me, she was a beautiful mother energy and she connected me deeply to the rhythms of the earth. Nature was the best place for me to get in touch with her.
- Get rid of as much ‘stuff’ as you can before you give birth – I have only experienced one birth, so this is my experience only, however, I had very strong inner guidance to do this. I felt that doing so would make my birth smoother and calmer, the more I could clear. I was shown in a vision a birthing canal, and then I was shown that the clearer my mind, the smoother my birth was going to be. The birth canal would be blocked by any blockages I held onto. By stuff, we are talking emotional and mental baggage.. Get rid of it, forgive, move on, make amends, fess up, get over, process, talk, write, play, sing, move.. do whatever you have to do.
- Every birth is different – Read about other stories and listen to other mothers with this one truth in mind. Your birth will not be the same as anyone elses. Accept every possible outcome and trust that your outcome will be the best one for you whilst you hold the vision for your ‘ideal’.
- SLOW DOWN MAMA!! – Take the time to build a relationship with your breath, listen, enjoy your body, enjoy nature, connect with your growing body. The more you can slow down on the inside, the more beautiful and peacseful your world will become.. And this practice will benefit your baby and your family.
- You can always love more – Loving comes from a place that is infinite, loving more produces more love! So open your heart and spread that stuff everywhere!! To yourself and the people around you. Having a baby will open your heart in ways that can only be lived and not learned.
You’re doing a beautiful job sweet Mama!
For more articles on conscious parenting Sign up to our free newsletter:
For signing up you will receive our FREE gift – Self Care for New Mothers by Divine Star.
20% of every purchase of WILLOW magazine will be donated to a chosen mother/baby charity. Edition#1 will be supporting Bumi Sehat Gentle Birthing Foundation in Bali. We’ll be ready to launch on the 28th of March!
Please like and Share WILLOW with your Mama friends on Facebook.